- No need to quit your job!
- No need to come to our school until your online portion is complete!
- Don’t spend $$$ on extra travel & lodging!
- You can get started today!
- We have lifetime job placement assistance!
- Join our recruiting events!
- We’ve partnered with a hotel; qualify for special pricing !
Q: How are the programs presented?
A: The programs are designed in two phases:
Phase 1: Home Study Course done in the conveinence of your home!
National Training, Inc. utilizes convenient online internet home study lessons. This eliminates the need to quit your job or add extra travel to your training time. Go at your own pace and get started today!
Phase 2: Resident Training at Our 350 Acre Facility
National Training also provides a resident training system to prepare students to meet or exceed the entry level Trucking industry standards for drivers and individuals desiring to enter the trucking industry with the appropriate knowledge and a CDL Class A License.
The Home Study courses are delivered on line via the Internet. They are well illustrated, easy to read, sometimes humorous but each lesson topic is very well defined. We offer the only accredited home study program for the motor carrier industry in existence today.
How To Study This Course
- How to Study
- Driver Qualifications
- Driver Fitness
- Principles of Diesel Engines
- Cooling Systems
- Lubricants and Lubrication Systems
- Fuels and Fuel Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Air Supply and Exhaust System
- Principles of Transmissions and Differentials
- Frames, Suspension and Axles
- Tires and Wheels
- Controls, Instruments and Dashboards
- Inspection, Repair and Maintenance
- Pre-trip Inspection
- Coupling and Uncoupling
- Backing Maneuvers
- Braking Techniques
- General Driving Practices
- Special Driving Conditions
- Handling Combo Trailers
- Weight Distribution
- Load Securement
- Freight Bills and Driver Responsibilities
- The Log Book – Hours of Service
- The Log Book – How to Track Your Time
- Map Reading
- Trip Planning
- Accident Reporting
- The Job of Getting a Job
- The First Step – Preparing for Resident Training
Truck school graduate Brad Griffin talks about why he liked National Training and how the truck driving school is structured.
This catalog is a PDF document and requires Adobe Reader to view and print it. If you need a FREE copy of Reader, please click the icon below.
Offered as a full-time format
- 33 Self-paced (home-study) lessons (Completion time is approximately 174 hours)
- Resident Training (Completion time is 3 weeks – 160 hours)
TOTAL TRAINING TIME: 334 HOURS
Resident Training Dates: